Prof. Siddharth Jabade is Vice Chancellor of Vishwakarma University in Pune, India. He completed his Ph.D. in mechanical engineering from the Indian Institute of Technology in Bombay. Most recently he was the co-inventor of affordable housing technology for SMART GRAM—an initiative sponsored by the President of India’s office. The Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs’ Affordable Sustainable Housing Accelerators (ASHA) Award was given to this innovative housing technology on January 1, 2021 by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
Dr. Jabade has multi-faceted experience in education, research, innovation, intellectual property rights (IPR) and technology commercialization. In addition to his technological background, he is a qualified patent attorney who has mentored several innovative projects from ideation to commercialization. He was Director of Innovation and IPR at the Asian Institute of Technology in Thailand. He has served as an International Consultant for the Asian Development Bank, UNESCO and as a resource person to the World Intellectual Property Organization. He has authored a book titled Nanotechnology Intellectual Property Rights: Research, Design and Commercialization published by CRC press. He is currently the lead author of a book titled Foundations of 21st Century Curriculum: Emerging Technologies, Humanities and the Augmented Age, to be submitted for publication later this year.
Other accomplishments of Dr. Jabade include:
• Site director of the National Science Foundation (NSF) Energy-Smart Electronic Systems (ES2) Center at Vishwakarma University, established in collaboration with State University of New York at Binghamton, USA.
• Technical Advisory Group member to review proposals under the Reinvent the Toilet Challenge: India funding opportunity announced by BIRAC with support from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
• Developer of Intellectual Property Policy of the Sultan Qaboos University, Muscat Oman. • Developer of the Innovation Management Programs in Oman and with the Office of Prime Minister, Cameroon, Africa.
• Initiated the Industry Assistance Innovation Program in the Centre of Excellence in Nanotechnology at Asian Institute of Technology, Thailand focusing on renewable technologies.
• Contributed to the building of new platforms for higher education and their implementation with programs such as the “IPRinternalise®” to merge Intellectual Property Rights in educational system seamlessly. It is currently well integrated in Indian education system in a World Bank funded project.
Professor Jabade understands the importance of the emerging technologies of nanotechnology, biotechnology, information technology, and the cognitive sciences (e.g., A.I.) as we embark forward into the Augmented Age—the age of transhumanism and great discoveries. However, and very importantly, Professor Jabade promotes the ideal that the humanities cannot and must not be neglected as we continue to surge through the 21st Century. Dr. Jabade firmly believes that today’s curriculum must converge to support our future. Opportunities in education, intellectual property and commercialization, socio-economic equity, and the development of the global citizen are in the hands of our educators, government and industry leaders as we strive to take hold of our future for all stakeholders and the greater good.
Copyright © Vishwakarma University, Pune 2022 All rights reserved..
[Best viewed in IE 10+, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Opera.]
:::| powered by VGESPL |:::