About the Center
The Council of Vishwakarma University established the Vishwakarma University Research Centre of Excellence for Health Informatics (VU-RCEHI) on 16 December 2021. The main aim of VU-RCEHI is to use technologies like artificial intelligence, big data analytics, and the internet of things (IoT) in the effectiveness of present-day healthcare systems.
VU-RCEHI aims to improve the practical and scientific research in health informatics at a global level and further strengthen the scholarly society. This center aims to develop reliable and accurate healthcare models for solving various complexities in the healthcare systems and contributing towards building the national economy.
Our vision is to foster and facilitate the next generation of exposure in healthcare systems to the use and development of advanced computer algorithms, informatics, and methods. A world where interdisciplinary researchers from medical electronics, biostatistics, clinical informatics, human-computer interaction, artificial intelligence, big data analytics, and the internet of things can come together to discover, manage, and work on new data knowledge relating to health and diseases.
● To carry out the training activities of strategic and national importance in health informatics with the help of artificial intelligence, big data analytics, and the internet of things.
● To provide a scientific research environment for researchers, Ph.D. scholars, post-graduate and graduate students leading to the development of advanced algorithms and techniques for tackling challenges in present health informatics.
● To collaborate researchers and experts from national and international universities working in healthcare informatics.
● To bring inter-disciplinary researchers of medical electronics to contribute to healthcare informatics.
● To strengthen the relationship between the research and development sections, corporate sector, and industry investors in healthcare informatics.
● To strengthen the cooperation with other research excellence centre to improve the present state of e-health.
● To attract investors for funding projects emanating from the stakeholders in the research centre of excellence in healthcare informatics.
● To handle joint proposals and projects with other universities and centre of excellence that cater to healthcare informatics.
Dr. Mamoon RashidDirector
Prof. (Dr.) Nitin SatputeTeam Member
Prof. Priya NakadeTeam Member
Dr. Nagesh AdluruAssociate Scientist at Waisman Laboratory for Brain Imaging and Behavior, Madison, Wisconsin, United States.
Dr. Diana LungeanuProfessor of Medical Informatics, University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Timișoara, Romania.
Dr. Siamak YousefiAssistant Professor, University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, Tennessee, United States.
Dr. Chaojie WangPrincipal Systems Engineer, MITRE Corporation,Washington DC, USA.
Dr. Dileep KumarDirector of Scientific Collaborations, United Imaging Healthcare, Asia, Middle East and Emerging Markets.
Dr. Vijayakumar VaradarajanProfessor, University of New South Wales, Australia.
- Segmentation of Nucleus and Cytoplasm from H&E-Stained Follicular Lymphoma, Electronics, MDPI, SCIE, IF=2.690, January, 2023. DOI: 10.3390/electronics12030651
- IoMT with Deep-CNN: An Intelligent Decision-Support System for Pandemic Disease Classification and Prediction, Electronics, MDPI, SCIE, IF=2.690, January, 2023. DOI: 10.3390/electronics12020424
- Comprehensive Database Creation for Potential Fish Zones using IoT and ML with Assimilation of Geospatial Techniques, Sustainability, MDPI, SCIE, IF=3.889, January 2023. DOI: 10.3390/su15021062
- An Efficient Deep Learning based Approach for the Detection of Brain Tumours, 5th IEEE International Conference on Contemporary Computing and Informatics (IC3I-2022), 14-16 December 2022, Amity University, Knowledge Park III, Greater Noida Gautam Budhh Nagar, Uttar Pradesh, India.
- An Efficient Machine Learning Approach for Diagnosing Parkinson's Disease by Utilizing Voice Features, Electronics, MDPI, SCIE, IF=2.690, November, 2022. DOI: 10.3390/electronics11223782
- Chest X Ray and Cough Sample based Deep Learning Framework for Accurate Diagnosis of COVID-19, Computers and Electrical Engineering, Elsevier, SCIE, IF=4.152, September 2022. DOI: 10.1016/j.compeleceng.2022.108391
- Efficient Machine Learning based Feature Optimization Model for the Detection of Dyslexia, Computational Intelligence and Neuroscience, Hindawi, SCIE, IF=3.633, June 2022. (Accepted).
- Artificial Intelligence for Innovative Healthcare Informatics, Springer. https://link.springer.com/book/10.1007/978-3-030-96569-3
- An optimization-based diabetes prediction model using CNN and bi-directional LSTM in real-time environment, Applied Sciences, MDPI, SCIE, IF=2.679, April, 2022. DOI: 10.3390/app12083989
- Digital Taste in Multimedia Augmented Reality: Perspective and Challenges, Electronics, MDPI, SCIE, IF=2.679, April, 2022. DOI: 10.3390/electronics11091315
- AI-Enabled Radiologist in the Loop: Novel AI-based Framework to Augment Radiologist Performance for COVID-19 Chest CT Medical Image Annotation and Classification from Pneumonia, Neural Computing and Applications, SCI, IF=5.606, February 2022. DOI: 10.1007/s00521-022-07055-1
- Cloud server and Internet of Things Assisted System for Stress Monitoring, Electronics, MDPI, SCIE, IF=2.679, December, 2021. DOI: 10.3390/electronics10243133
Dr. Mamoon Rashid