The Vishwakarma University Wellness Centre of Excellence (VUWCOE) is established in 2022 with the belief that an individual can achieve his/her potential by keeping their mental strength and well-being healthy. To achieve the same, VUWCOE is functioning with effective counsellors/experts who will be able to acknowledge & accept the students’ and employee’s mental health issues and provide appropriate suggestions/guidance. It will be helping them to achieve their excellence in academics as well as living productive and meaningful lives. The centre will be able to display warmth, empathy and unconditional positive regard towards the students and employees of the University. Besides guidance and counselling sessions, the centre will be actively contributing in the promotion of mental well-being by organising life skill training, expert lectures, workshops, research, and collaborations within and outside the Vishwakarma University.
To promote a conducive environment that values diversity, encourages intellectual, emotional growth, and helps the individual develop life skills essential to tackle challenges.
To provide comprehensive and effective wellness services that aim at fulfilling the personal, social, emotional and learning needs of the students and faculty members.
National Education Policy 2020 and University Grants Commission emphasizes that every educational institute should have a system to handle students’ mental health challenges and promote psycho-social well-being.
To comply the same, the following objectives of the VUCOE is mentioned below:
- To provide guidance & counselling services to Vishwakarma University Students that help them attain personal and professional excellence and prepare them to face life's challenges.
- To equip students with the necessary knowledge, attitudes, and skills to become responsible and psychologically healthy individuals.
- To be available for the student community and acknowledge the unique needs and characteristics.
- To ensure students’ success, happiness, and well-being.
- To promote an environment of personal safety and respect by collaborating with other faculty members and university staff.
STRUCTURE OF THE CENTRE :
The VUWCOE will have the following body of membersS.N.DesignationName of the Member
|1.||Director||Dr. Bhupender Singh|
|2.||Deputy director||Dr. Ibadat Khan|
|3.||Chief Counselor||Dr. Ibadat Khan|
|4.||Counselor||Ms. Sakshi Mathurawala|
|5.||Director Students Welfare||Mr. Vaibhav Thakare|
|6.||Legal Expert||Prof. Padmaja kathikar|
|7.||Campus Security & Safety officer||Prof. Avadhut Atre|
|8.||Medical Officer||Dr. A. K. Surve|
ACTIVITIES OF THE CENTRE :
- Personal Counselling
- Group Counselling
- Psychometric Assessment and Testing
- Career Guidance and Support
- Research and Collaboration
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Training and workshops
HOW TO REACH US
The working hours for the Centre are 9 AM to 5 PM (Monday to Friday). Students and employees of the Vishwakarma University can seek a prior appointment through the official email ID of the centre as given below:
The centre will provide them a schedule of the interaction session or counseling session. After- hours, holidays and at weekends, counseling session will be entertained on emergency basis.
MODE OF THE COUNSELLING SESSION
Counselling sessions can take place in the following two modes.
- In-person counselling - can be possible only on the campus and depending upon COVID pandemic protocols.
- Online counselling - Google meet link will be provided to the client. Clients and professionals will be required to turn on their videos throughout the session. This service will be provided in emergency situations.
CENTRE LOCATION AND SUPPORT
The entire functioning and support of VUWCOE will be through the Department of Psychology, Vishwakarma University, Pune. The department, for its effective functioning, can provide the centre with all of the necessary infrastructure, manpower, psychological tests, and related technical support.
Counselling services are free of cost for the students and employees of Vishwakarma University only.
Vishwakarma University Wellness Centre of Excellence Room No 7403, Fourth Floor, Building No. 7 Vishwakarma University, Pune, Maharashtra 411048