MIGex 2020 (Swayamsiddha) was organized by Mahesh Industrial Group (MIG) on 22nd and 23rd Feb in Pune. It was an effort to showcase women entrepreneurs and salute their achievements. A MoU is signed between Vishwakarma University (VU) and Mahesh Industrial Group (MIG) in the month of February 2020 with an agenda to strengthen industry-academic collaboration. As envisaged by Hon Shri. B. B. Lohiya and Shri. Bharat Agarwal, the focus of this collaboration will be on the application of Design Thinking and Industry 4.0 in the business enterprises in the region. The MIG leadership shall enable identification of appropriate ventures, projects, ideas and entrepreneurs to work with. The faculty and students at VU shall apply their knowledge to propose appropriate solutions.
VU’s Involvement in MIGex 2020
- 50+ Student Volunteers got an opportunity to organize and manage this event on both the days in various roles like stall management, video bytes, event management, etc.
- 5+ Faculty Members were involved in guiding these students and coordinating with the MIG team members.
Opportunities for VU’s Design Thinking Center of Excellence
1. The announcement regarding VU-MIG collaboration for future Design Thinking projects in collaboration with the MIG member enterprises was done prior to the event. Hence, it was an opportunity for us to showcase this center and work so far at the event.
2. A joint meeting between members of MIG and the team members at Center of Excellence is expected in the month of March 2020. The goal is to initiate around 5 real-life industry projects.
3. The discussion is initiated to identify opportunities for industry exposure to VU students through industry visits, live projects and assignments in due course of time.
Opportunities for VU’s Center for Industry 4.0
1. Mahesh Industrial Group is a group of medium and small scale manufacturers and entrepreneurs. We had earlier worked together for the Industry 4.0 conclave one year back.
2. VU’s Center for industry 4.0 is looking out for industry collaborators for digitalization of manufacturing process. We had showcased an inbuilt digitalization project in this exhibition and were keen in connecting with manufacturers who could give us projects.
3. Industry 4.0 Center also has experience of using a tool for accessing the industry's 4.0 readiness or its adoption status. This could be leveraged by the industry owners visiting the exhibition for their evaluation.
- Interaction with approx. 50 professionals through a stall
- Volunteering by 59 A&D, JMC, S&T and C&M Students
- Involvement of 7 Faculty Members for various roles
- Visibility of VU and the Centers to around 1500 visitors
- Coverage on social media and offline collateral of MIG
Prof. Prashant Acharya was incharge of stall and project displays. Dr. Yogesh Deshpande, Prof. Ravi Nikam, Prof. Niranjan Kulkarni, Prof. Mrunmai Ranade, Prof. Mayuresh Belsare, Mr Girish Lele and Prof. Amol Randive coordinated for and guided volunteers. Prof. Avadhut Atre provided his valuable support and mentoring for this entire project.