National Institution for Quality and Reliability (Est 1987) inaugurated first student chapter in Western India (Pune) with Vishwakarma University on 15th February 2020.
The objective of the event was to bridge the gap between Industrial applications and academic knowledge and to introduce the students about the industrial demands and requirements.
Following members were present for the inauguration.
· Mr. S. Rajasekaran, National President, NIQR on Industry 4.0
· Mr. P K Aggarwal, Past National President, NIQR on Quality-the Driver
· Mr. C. V. Gowri Sankar, National Secretary, NIQR
· Mr. Dattatraya Navalgundkar, Executive Council Member, NIQR
· Mr. Yuvaraj, NIQR, Pune Branch
· Prof. (Dr.) Yuvraj Lahoti (COE, VU)
· Prof.(Dr.) Milind kulkarni (Dean, S&T, VU)
· Prof. (Dr.) Nitin Satpute (IQAC Coordinator, VU)
· Dr. Nazia Wahid (Coordinator of NIQR Student chapter, VU)
The members of NIQR encouraged students to take part in the various activities conducted by the council regarding the revolution 4.0 where the latest technologies and their implementation in the industries are discussed. The Purpose of NIQR in India is to develop the Indian industry to meet the standards. The biggest challenge of NIQR is to consider small businesses in India and help them to improve in terms of general quality.
The NIQR is administered by National Executive Council working under the headquarter in Chennai. Leading Industrialists, top level executives and professionals are selected via a democratic process with appropriate representation. At the end of the event the members of NIQR felicitated students from Department of Statistics with membership certificates. Prof. (Dr.)Milind Kulkarni, Dean, Science and Technology ,felicitated the members of NIQR and the event was concluded with the National Anthem of India.