BBA Students Participation in Summer School at Hof University of Applied Sciences, Germany
Five BBA students from the Faculty of Commerce and Management have reached Hof University of Applied Sciences, Germany. They will be participating in a three-week summer school in 'Production and Supply Chain Management' from 9th July to 26th July 2019.
The International Summer School on Production and Supply Chain Management covers the following subjects:
1. Lean Management
2. Supply Chain Management
3. Application systems for SCM (Administrative and industrial business processes, methods for planning and controlling the manufacturing process, introduction into SAP R/3, SAP approach for Internet of Things and Industry 4.0, integrated CAD-CAM-Chain demonstrated in our manufacturing lab) case study in the SAP R/31 system.
VU BBA students will benefit from acquiring skills and knowledge such as:
1. The building blocks of supply chains including what they consist of and the role of logistics in business
2. Challenges and trends of supply chain management including the impact of customer behavior
3. Key management techniques including operations management, customer relationship management and understanding in lean
4. Smart technologies including automated warehouses, tracking technologies and transportation systems
5. IT solutions such as computer modelling and visualization systems
6. Transferable skills in project management, group work and presentation skills