Keeping its promise of maximising human potential as its tagline, Vishwakarma University is embarking on a new venture called VU Digital (VUD). VUD is a continual education e-learning portal providing short span flexible courses to all in diverse fields.
To make VU Digital the most sought-after lifelong learning platform for imparting quality education to all in digital form.
- Making education accessible to masses through digital platform
- Providing convenient and flexible online courses for learners
- Enabling credit progression system
- Facilitating career building through online courses
- Fulfilling the vast demand of talent pool for industries
- To deliver need-based modular & flexible online courses with industry collaboration
- To facilitate various career pathways by offering relevant online courses.
- To build robust, flexible and accessible online learning management system
- To establish state-of-the-art e-learning resource development studio
- To develop human resources for creating digital learning content
- To enrich teachers with blended learning resources.
VUD wants to establish a robust ecosystem in the form of an education framework of future which we coin as "Education 4.0". This framework shall form the basis of bringing various stakeholders (industry, academia & young intellectual minds) together to contribute as well as get back something from the VU Digital. VU- Digital wants to equip itself with highly relevant courses, innovative pedagogy and future technology tools of delivery.
VUD wishes to understand from leaders, job givers and professionals the future e-learning trends, needs and tools to be able to stand out and be always relevant. This will be a continual and evolving process for us.
What Sets Us Apart
VUD is a right solution to fulfil current and future needs of online learning.
VUD is an overlap of magnetic zones, of skills desired by learners, skills imparted by universities and skills needed by industries.
VUD has multiple zones like Industry Specific Zone, Company Specific Zone, Higher Education Zone, Startup Zone, Expert Zone, Technology Zone, Citizen Zone and Self-Help Zone for all type of learners.
Industry Specific Zone
- Courses that are needed for applying to a specific job in an industry
- Certification courses from compliance standpoint
- Courses in emerging industry trends and innovations
Company Specific Zone
- Every organization has learning courses for employees based on role – grade – skill level
- Generic courses in corporate governance and compliance are common to all
Higher Education Zone
- Courses offered as a result of collaboration with global higher education universities
- Hybrid courses could be offered in this zone
- Subject specific short courses
- Startups have specific expectations from employees on technology & domain. Courses could be customized to meet their requirement
- Content & candidate curating courses & projects could be offered
- Well known subject matter experts offer courses
- Ability to offer live online courses to specific learners
- Hardware & software OEMs offer their con proprietary technology courses which could be offered
- Classroom + Hands-on + Online courses can be offered
- Courses that enable candidates to join government or public services can be offered in this zone
- Language Skills
- Soft Skills
- Recreational Skills
Learn with purpose
Recommendation of discipline/ industry specific role focused courses.
Access to large volume of articles and reports on job markets and e-learning trends.
For utilizing extra services of platform like master classes/ webinars etc.
to get insights from experts and influencers for career building.
Mr. Neeraj Athalye,
Mentor For VU Digital,Managing Director - Indian Subcontinent at SUSE
(Dr) Yogesh Deshpande,
Director, VU Digital, Professor, Department of Computer Engineering.
Prof. (Dr.) Chetan Kapadnis,
Director – IQAC, Dean - Humanities and Social Sciences, Media and Communication, Interdisciplinary Studies.
Ar. Shreyas Paranjape,
Dean - Faculty of Architecture and Art & Design.
Prof. (Dr.) Nitin Satpute,
Dean - Faculty of Science & Technology.
Prof. (Dr.) Jayashree Vispute,
Dean - Faculty of Commerce & Management.
Prof. (Dr.) Sarika Sagar,
Dean – Faculty of Law.
Prof. Makarand Puri,
Dean – Faculty of Pharmacy.
Ms. Priya Nakade,
Project Manager, VU Digital.